Muhammad (peace of Allah be upon him) Written By Shaykh al-Tariqah, Amir Ahl al-Sunnah, ‘Allamah, Mawlana, Muhammad Ilyas Attar Qadiri Ridawi
When Sayyidina A’ishah رَضِیَ الـلّٰـهُ عَنْهَا was asked about the characters of the noble messenger of Allah صَلَّى الـلّٰـهُ عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم , she replied, “The Quran was the character of the Prophet صَلَّى الـلّٰـهُ عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم.
These are the points regarding the Beautiful characters of the noble prophet Muhammad صَلَّى الـلّٰـهُ عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم:
- Prophet Muhammad صَلَّى الـلّٰـهُ عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم would deviate from arguments, arrogance and frivolous speech.
- He was always welcoming those who came to him warmly, and would never say or do anything that would cause repulsion; rather he would be gentle, compassionate and kind.
- He would never walk in between seats or congregations, he would rather occupy the last seat if need be.
- He never rewards evils with evil, rather he forgives and show kindness to those who offend him of throw stones and pebbles at him.
- He is always affectionate towards children, He never scolded nor embarrassed any child.
- The Messenger of Allah would seek to lighten people’s burdens, resolve their problems and provide them ease and comfort.
- The Prophet صَلَّى الـلّٰـهُ عَلَيْهِ وَاٰلِهٖ وَسَلَّم would never give anyone preferential treatment based on lineage, tribe or color; rather he said, “O people! Your Lord is one, and your father is one (Nabiyyuna Adam عَـلَيْـهِ الـسَّـلَام ). Listen! No Arab has superiority over a non-Arab, nor a non-Arab over an Arab, nor a white person over a black person, and nor a black person over a white person. However, those who are pious are better than others. Indeed the most noble of you in the court of Allah Almighty is the most pious of you.”
- In an era of ignorance when women were not granted any status or importance and daughters were considered a form of disgrace, Prophet Muhammad, May the peace and blessings of Allah be with him always, protected the rights of women and made their importance clear through his lofty conduct and pure teachings.
- He would take care of widows and orphans and enquire about the ill
- He would strive to maintain harmony and cordial relationships in society. He would endeavor to keep the Muslims united and eliminate hatred between them.
- he would encourage people to provide their animals with food and water on time and would warn people against harming and maltreating them.
May Allah Almighty grant us success in adopting the pure character and virtuous traits of the true Messenger of Allah, Prohet Muhammad. May the peace and blessings of Allah be with him.