Surat Al-‘Asr is the Surah in Quran 103 with three vereses. Apart from informing us to preoccupy ourselves with faith in Allah, good deeds, there are some lessons derived from Surat Al-‘Asr.
- In only three verses, Surat Al-Asr explains the way to salvation. Imam Ash-Shafi’i said, “If Allah had revealed only this Surah to His creatures, it would have been enough for them.”
- We are informed of the end for the disbeliever: complete and utter loss.
- We are informed of the ultimate success awaiting those who believe and do good deeds, those who stay away from Shirk and disobedience.
- It is compulsory to advise one another to follow the truth and to be patient.
- Here, Allâh Almighty swore by the time,” for in the passing of time, things change constantly, a reality from which we can learn many lessons.
- When we are informed that we must advise one another and cooperate with one another to promote truth, good deeds, and patience, we learn what the life of the believer should be, a life in which one patiently establishes the truth despite the hardships he may suffer while working for the benefit of Islam and his nation.
- One of the best of deeds is to repent from sins.
- “And recommend one another to the truth and recommend one another to patience”: In regards to this verse, Ar-Razi said, “This verse indicates that the truth is heavy and that hardships necessarily accompany it, that is why recommending one another about patience is mentioned directly after it.”
In short, Surat Al-‘Asr teaches us a lot of things, like many other Surats in the Quran. It’s much more tailored to quality leaving in this world and the hereafter.
These lessons are derived by Shiekh Abdul-Aziz bin Abdullah bin Baz.
And Allah knows best.
Leave a Reply